Friday, April 2, 2010

Countdown to Europe!


Day One of Sweet Lorraine's (SL) Retirement and 18 days till launch!

It's a beautiful day outside here in Southern Ontario, and SL and I are both exactly where we should be - she's outside working on the garden, and I am creating our first blog post. C'mon - I did my share - raked half the postage stamp we call a front yard, played guitar, wrote a song, rode my motorcycle, had a beer,...

Only 18 days to go till we board our flight to Venice for our two month grand adventure in Italy and Greece. "My My Melissa" (daughter) is joining us in Venice, along with Mom-in-Law Kathleen the Great. Son Geoff, his beautiful wife Jocelyn and our wonderful gkids Mia and Kingston join us a week later in Tuscany.

Our itinerary is roughly Venice, Florence, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Athens, Naxos. Milos, Sifnos, Brindisi, and then up the Adriatic Coast of Italy, back to Venice.

I will be buying a guitar in Venice (because we all know I need another one) so I can keep writing and recording through the wonder of the Internet with my partners Klaude Walters , J.B. Harrison and Sandra Lubert.

I hope you continue to check back for travel pics and descriptions of the people, food, sights and sounds of our adventure. It is my hope to visit some schools and check out where they are at with special education and technology.

Let us know if there's something we can check out for you, or if you have any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment